Auricular Therapy: Pressure Point Techniques for the Ear
August 20 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm| $120.00
Ear Reflexology is a profoundly relaxing and therapeutic modality that is easy to administer by the holistic health practitioner. With combined theories of Oriental Meridian Therapy and modern Reflexology, Auricular Therapy is a manual technique that employs pressure point application by the practitioner.
Suitable for acupuncturists, massage therapists, therapeutic touch practitioners, nurses and others licensed to touch.
*This course does not fulfill national education requirements to practice as a Reflexologist.
- Participants will be able to list milestones in the history of Auricular Therapy.
- Participants will be able to list theories of Auricular Therapy.
- Participants will demonstrate point locations on fellow students.
- Participants will demonstrate applications of pressure techniques using fingers and thumbs.
- Participants will demonstrate a ten minute Ear Reflexology routine.
- Participants will discuss possible applications and scenarios to use Ear Reflexology within their practices.
- Participants will discuss the integration of Ear Reflexology into treatment protocols.
- Participants will list contraindications of Ear Reflexology.
Class format: The class is taught in lecture format with hands-on participation from students. Students should wear comfortable clothing and will be practicing on other students in the classroom.
Class materials: The class will be taught with a combination of audiovisual presentations using overhead projector and computer presentation. Hand sanitizer will be required.
Space is limited to six participants to ensure a quality educational experience for all. Please note: due to small class size individual refunds will not be available. In the event of class cancellation all participants will receive a full refund within fourteen (14) days of cancellation.