I welcome your comments and appreciate the time you spend to share ideas and dialogue on the subjects of health, wellness, and nature here at The Barefoot Dragonfly blog.
About The Barefoot Dragonfly Blog
This blog is a space to provide education, to draw attention to aspects of services I provide, and to create another space for clients and students to interact with myself and others. I am an impassioned practitioner that has been on a path of studying integrative medicine concepts and modalities for the past 19 years. I have been in full-time practice for the past 11 years – helping clients meet their wellness goals through individualized appointments and treatment plans.
The Barefoot Dragonfly Comments Policy
As this space has become more popular I would like you to be aware of my comments policy. Please note that all comments require moderator approval prior to publication. A comment may be deleted, published as-is, or edited per the following rules:
- Protected Health Information – the comments section is not a safe place to conduct a consultation for new or existing clients. Use the secure Client Portal to schedule an appointment and discuss your health concerns and wellness goals in a safe setting.
- Adverse Reactions – the rise in unorthodox usage of essential oils puts many at risk of experiencing mild to severe adverse reactions. If you are currently experiencing an adverse reaction to an essential oil or aromatherapy product contact the nearest poison control center or your physician. If you wish to help prevent this from happening to other consumers complete the injury report form over at the Atlantic Institute of Aromatherapy. You are welcome to share your past injuries here if they are relevant to a discussion but please do not comment, email, or call looking for medical attention we cannot possibly offer.
- Internet Trolls – Ad-hominen attacks, off-topic rants, unnecessary profanity, and hate speech have no place here. Threats of violence, copyright theft, and libel will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
- Anonymous Comments – those wishing to comment are expected to identify themselves. Anonymous commenters will not be published.
- Promotional Comments – comments intended to promote a product, service, book, or website will not be published. Promotional links and statements may be deleted from a comment if the remaining content meets the rest of these guidelines.
- Stirring-the-Pot Comments – these comments seek to defend watered down science or promote marketing propaganda. The Barefoot Dragonfly promotes the safe and ethical usage of complementary modalities and these types of comments do not benefit our readership or promote our business values and ethics. In the humorous words of Jack Nicholson’s character in ‘As Good as it Gets,’ “Sell crazy someplace else, we’re all stocked up here.” Not sure what that looks like? Here’s a great article on marketing language disguised as “education.”
If you have any questions on the comments policy, or any other policies of The Barefoot Dragonfly, please get in touch.
The Barefoot Dragonfly: A Reflexology-Aromatherapy Wellness Center
7601 Pheasant Rock Road
Austin, TX 78729